Saturday, March 24, 2007

Stream some new albums + Spoon release date

If you haven't made the trip yet to Best Buy, you can stream a bunch of new albums over at AOL. They have the new Ted Leo, Modest Mouse, LCD Soundsystem, and Andrew Bird. For the record, I'm really digging the new LCD Soundsystem, despite my general ambivalence toward their debut.

The new Spoon album has a July 10 release date, according to the folks over at Pitchfork's news department. I have full confidence in them to release a worthy follow-up record to Gimme Fiction.

If you're in the NYC area this summer, Neko Case is playing Central Park Summer Stage on July 20. It might be a free event, which would be nice, thus allowing me to continue my tradition of not paying for summer concerts. For those of you with money, you can catch her at the following dates:

Sat 5/26/07 George, WA Sasquatch Music Festival
Thu 7/19/07 Pittsburg, PA Byham Theater
Sat 7/21/07 Greenfield, MA Greenfield Community College

Enjoy the streams.

3 comments:

kdog said...

Gimme Fiction was good, but the jury's still out on whether it was a worthy follow-up to Kill the Moonlight...

C-wod said...

I haven't heard that one yet.

Where has Spoon been all my life?

kdog said...

oh man!!! yeah you need to get kill the moonlight --