Saturday, March 31, 2007

She's sitting back now, painting in her taylors...



Van She have been a buzz band / DJ troupe in Europe for a while (though I think they're Aussies...) and I found their "Kelly" song this past fall on myspace (yeah it was my profile song for a while, and shall be again!) but it wasn't till now that I saw this music video. Which I really liked! They're so eighties-rific it's practically obscene, and the bassist, aside from casting many creepy looks at the camera, has a Flock of Seagulls haircut! The video is basically a lot of Kellys through different eras/settings and I feel like I'm missing the point of it, though it does feature a lot of making out. And I know that if I were one of the Kellys in the video, I'd be going after the lead singer. Rrrowwr!

Then this gave me an idea -- for Mindset, not my love life -- could we do a piece where we all contribute our most ego-centric song, the one that causes you the most narcissism?

Just a thought!
x KELLY!

2 comments:

C-wod said...

Hmm...

There aren't too many songs about guys named Chris who make out with girls at 9:00.

I don't know where that leaves me.

Anonymous said...

Although they spell "Jenni" differently, I have a few options..."Jenny (867-5309)" (Damn you, Tommy Tutone! :P), "Jenny from the Block" (Oh hell no), "Jennifer Lost the War" (Whatever happened to the Offspring?), "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" (Mmmm, maybe not)...The possibilities are seemingly endless.