Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Last.fm -- part II

In response to the previous post, I must make a push for last.fm. I much prefer this site as its purpose is to benefit the listeners rather than just to indulge the people who created it!

I set up a Pandora station based on Kasabian and it gave me Rock Kills Kid (hmm, kind of), Aqueduct (could of done better), and Linkin Park (that is insulting to Kasabian).

But based on my listening habits, Last.fm recommends to me: Hard Fi, the Smiths, Pulp, Buzzcocks, as well as tracks i might not have heard of by artists I regularly listen to...

On last.fm, not only can you get ideas of what you might like from your friends's charts (which is handy!) but also it makes recommendations for you based on what your 'neighbors' - or people with really similar musical taste to you - are also listening to. Like, for example, Chris' most listened to band is Thursday! You can also RSVP to events/shows so you know what people will be seeing.

Plus, you get to put of awesome photos of yourself. To my knowledge, it is only chris, bill, and myself that are on last.fm. So, people should join, become our friends, and we will form a mindset charting group...Yes, this all leads to world domination...


3 comments:

C-wod said...

"Like, for example, Chris' most listened to band is Thursday!"

To quote Metallica, which probably hurts my indie cred even more, "sad but true."

A Mindset group would be tight.

JBurke16 said...

sweet, thanks for the post--I'd never heard of last.fm until now!

carolina said...

the only thing i hate about last.fm is that it can track when im listening to montell jordan. i guess i have to come out with that one.