Sunday, February 18, 2007

Video of the Moment - Daft Punk - Around the World



I've been toying with starting a periodic feature talking about music videos past and present that I find interesting. I figured I'd give it a try with one of my favorite videos, Daft Punk - Around the World, directed by Michel Gondry, who you may know from his films Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep.

The first few times I saw this video I just thought it was crazy Daft Punk making another crazy video. Then I noticed that each of the five groups represented a different element of the song, all moving synchronized with their parts. The athletes represent the bassline, the robots the vocal, etc. The circular platform they are on represents a record, while those circular lights in the back are like speaker holes. All in all a satisfying video aurally and visually.

For bonus points, spot characters from this video in the LCD Soundsytem "Daft Punk is Playing at my House" video.

2 comments:

kdog said...

for more daft punk craziness, check out this completely-out-of-left field mash up

Bill said...

Oh man, not only is that a good mashup, I had completely forgotten about how good Maps is.