Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gretchen Ross

If you're like me, which means you're extremely unique, despite being exactly like the majority of "hip" college students, there's a decent chance you adore Donnie Darko and might even think it's one of the greatest films of all time. I know I do (sort of, but not really).

Anyway, the girl from that movie, Jena Malone, has recorded some really strange, experimental tracks, which you can hear on her Myspace.

Some of you might also know her from Saved! or from her 10 seconds of screen time in Cold Mountain before she gets shot.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this music, but at least it's different. She could have easily recorded a few cookie-cutter pop-rock tracks. Or, she could have gone back in time, starred in a Disney Channel movie about high school, and released a tie-in album.

No comments: