Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Our Earthly Pleasures US Release Date



Hey thanks all for the kind wishes, I am still a bit under the weather but this made me feel better: Maximo Park's forthcoming album "Our Earthly Pleasures" has a US release date of May 8th.

Maximo Park are a great band from Newcastle, Eng and their last release, "A Certain Trigger," was the upbeat soundtrack to my London semester. Seriously good music, you can listen to some on their mySpace account. Though "Our Velocity," the single from their upcoming album hasn't quite grown on me, try the other three songs on for size -- see what you think!!

plus all the album art from "A Certain Trigger" is really cool!! (people dancing -- above)

2 comments:

C-wod said...

i remember when the maximo park frontman got arrested during reading/leeds weekend. that's what rock n roll is all about.

Joe Lattal said...

I remember hearing them once on WVFI and then when I went to London for a week, they were like the British version of the Killers: everywhere, whether they merited it or not.

Looking forward to fresh material because I was kinda disappointed with the work they did recently, that comp. of material called "Missing Songs."