Friday, May 4, 2007

Spider-Man 3

So Chris, Kelly, Christine and I saw the midnight opening of Spider-Man 3 and well... there's no other way to say this... it was awful. Awful enough to break me out of my no blogging streak and write about it.

I had little to no expectations for the movie given that I was completely unaware it was coming out this weekend until Wednesday night; however, despite these very limited expectations I was still hugely disappointed. The movie was entirely silly - every other scene made me raise my hands in disbelief and mutter "WTF?" There were too many plot lines that resulted in many "reaches" if you will (eg: alien goo and amnesia being key plot drivers). Far too much crying as well.

But the largest "WTF" of the film is the bizarre emo Peter Parker that shows up. He mats his hair down over his face, changes into black clothes, and then things just get too silly. (I couldn't help but think of Conor Oberst the whole time). Basically made it seem like the movie's message "Don't be emo. if you are black slime will take control of your body" (as said by C-wod).

So yeah, that's my rant. A very forgettable movie that was likely made just because the studio knew it will sell tickets. Use your 2+ hours better - watch tonight's Office four times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?? No...ReallY? I...But...NOOOO!!!

You have no idea how much you just ruined my life. I've been looking forward to this movie since last year! *sob*

Whoa, okay, I'll stop with the emo now...Before the black goo takes over.

C-wod said...

i'll post something else about it later today.

kdog said...

riley posted!!

on a side note, last night's office was actually 43 minutes long (sans commercials) so one using that time could only watch the episode 2.79 times.

Christine! said...

Good review, but i argue that it definately was not forgettable. I ll remember that day for the rest of my life as the day my childhood finally died...


too much? haha