Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bloody Pirates...


Just got back from the 8 PM showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: At the World's End. I will not give any spoilers right now, I promise. I will, however, say that it is good, though I can tell you right now it was not my favorite of the series. (I'm not sure which of the first 2 is my favorite, but nonetheless...) I literally got home 5 minutes ago, and usually I have to stew about things more before I can give a proper review, which is why spoilers will wait until later, but I can tell whether or not I like a film by how I act on the ride home. After I finish watching a movie for the first time, I'm typically silent for the first 10 minutes or so following, but my silence has no bearing on how I feel about the movie. You can tell that based off whether or not I smile on the way home, and indeed I was smiling after this one.

I'll admit, without giving away anything, that there were definitely portions of the film that made me raise an eyebrow or question how well it flowed from the the first 2 movies, and I feel it was a little slow to pick up from where it left off (considering how Pirates 2 stopped in this gigantic action sequence), but I feel like other elements--Like the amazing action sequences--balanced out those moments. Plus, it's definitely better than certain other trilogies that came out this summer *cough*Spiderman 3*cough*.

2 comments:

JBurke16 said...

To all who read this: there is a scene after the credits. Whether it's worth waiting 10 minutes for...well that's up to you.

Admin said...

Hello my friend!

I also watched This equel of Pirates... and loved it...

see my blog
www.adventuresofalionheart.blogspot.com

Exlinks?